VP of Contingent Workforce Solutions at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Are you eager to show how hybrid workforces can transform the way we collaborate and supercharge business results? Are you keen to drive critical impact to a company, its internal community, and clients at the same time? Are you committed to redefining access to opportunities?
If you are, please come and join us! Upwork is the leading provider of flexible talent solutions. We enable businesses and freelancers across the globe to connect, work together, and grow their professional success. We are searching for a VP of Hybrid Workforce Solutions (other companies would call this contingent work) to join our HR organization and lead internal and client facing teams.
In this role, your responsibility will be to work across the company to help drive strategy, compliance and education for our internal alternative workforce program (Talent Innovation Program), our global Client Staffing Solutions (vendor w2 payroll solutions) and Classification programs.
You will champion opportunities to our leadership team, demonstrating where we can capitalize across all of our offerings to be the market leader. As a partner with our marketing, product, and sales teams to embed knowledge and help design offerings our competitors can’t yet fathom.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead Upwork’s internal hybrid workforce program and maintain our position as a leader of adopting and maximizing remote and contingent work
- Be an inspiring leader inside Upwork, to our external clients, and to the public, to advocate for freelancing and utilizing hybrid teams, for decoupling work from place, and re-thinking work to focus on skills and need instead of title and location
- Advocate for our hybrid community to ensure their needs are met and programs are resourced, while balancing compliance requirements
- Drive and lead the team to scale and meet our internal clients’ needs, driving process changes to improve quality and efficiency
- Lead our internal teams that support clients’ workforce compliance needs to anticipate and exceed our clients’ expectations, while finding efficiencies and maintaining compliance
- Evaluate, refine, and report on, and continually improve performance metrics
- Identify areas of compliance risk and proactively partner with HR and Legal teams to drive innovative solutions
- Proven experience in leading a contingent workforce program, or professional services operations and client relationships, or HR leadership and passion around the contingent space.
- Deep understanding of global employment complexity, law, and regulations, including those concerning classification as an employee or independent contractor, and to craft programs that drive business, while being compliant and scalable
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, non-hierarchical environment and evolving legal and regulatory environment and continuously to produce outstanding results
- Market expertise and the ability translate, communicate trends, data and analysis for the company and apply this data to help Upwork develop programs at scale across the Upwork platform to lead the market
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.