Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The VP of Growth Strategy & GTM will be responsible for building and managing a team that is relentlessly focused on driving the growth of our business and setting our long term competitive positioning and go-to-market (“GTM”) strategy. Affirm’s Commercial team is passionately focused on our customers, on creative problem solving, and on cross-functional partnerships. The VPG will carry this torch, while leading all aspects of Competitive and Market Research, GTM and Growth Strategy for our Core, Marketplace and Splitpay businesses. They will also own Goal Setting & Planning, and Business/Sales Operations to enable us to achieve record growth.What You'll Need to Succeed
This role requires a strategic problem solver who is an effective influencer with a high degree of business acumen. They must have a passion for, and experience with, building new businesses, thinking creatively about growth, and for developing others. To that end, the VPG must deeply understand Affirm’s two-sided network business model, and must rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal person has demonstrated excellence in growth, strategy, go-to-market, operations, and technology. They will set critical and ambitious financial objectives for growth, while planning and executing upon strategies vital for the achievement of key objectives. Leadership, change management, data driven decision making, and a dedication to continuous improvement are also critical skills!What You’ll Do
- Lead the commercial success and go to market strategies for any new products (includes competitive strategy)
- Incubate, scale and launch GTM for new products, channels, sales channels
- Define and bring to life the long-term Commercial strategy inclusive of all business lines and products across all markets, industries, and geographies
- Set Commercial goals in conjunction with Finance, and in line with company goals
- Own go-to-market strategy, including outbound product marketing, sales enablement and case studies, product launches
- Build methods and processes to enable discovery of merchants’ latent product needs
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Client Success, Marketing, Partnership and Product to develop market research, competitive analyzes, and business cases
- Build, formalize, and run a centralized competitive strategy function
- Mentor and coach employees to ensure team growth and achievement of company goals
- 20+ years of work experience in general management in high growth environments, management consulting, GTM development, and/or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar).
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to develop talent, build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively.
- Validated results in growth strategy implementation, strategic planning, and sophisticated financial analysis.
- Proven abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners.
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Experience in building trusting relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences).
- Self-starter who leans into and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.