Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Workplace team is seeking a motivated teammate to care for our Planet employees. Imagine yourself as the company concierge: You are the face of the front desk, managing a tidy lobby and ensuring that all visitors are welcomed and signed in; You are the company suggestion box, listening to requests and concerns and offering solutions or escalating as necessary. You are the problem solver and can locate the perfect birthday cake for our CEO’s celebration or can find an after-hours plumber to help with a leaky faucet. While Planet is remote (due to CV-19) you’ll be onsite prepping for the day we return to the office while simultaneously creating virtual engagement opportunities to keep Planet employees connected while apart. The ideal candidate has a customer service heart and an amazing game face in pressure situations.
This is an in-office role, Monday through Friday, 8 hours daily
Impact You’ll Own:
- Guardian of the facility via our front desk and lobby, including receptionist responsibilities with daily front desk coverage required
- Support the day-to-day workplace team, guaranteeing consistent and excellent services are delivered to our people and space. (management of help tickets (JIRA), furniture move, event set-up/break-down etc...)
- Mail and deliveries guru, keeping track of all incoming and outgoing packages
- Company inventory procurement specialist, ensuring office supplies, swag, and food and beverages are always well stocked
- Imagine and execute Planet positive programming that aligns with our mission and values
- Other duties as the role evolves
What You Bring:
- A true desire to make people happy, and the resourcefulness to make it happen
- A keen sense of humor, and the willingness to laugh at yourself
- Outstanding communication skills (to comprehend and give instructions)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- G Suite prowess
What Makes You Stand Out:
- You can juggle tasks like no one else, never dropping a ball, and never letting them see you sweat
- An appreciation of humankind, including understanding ways to express and communicate with a variety of people. (We are all in this together)
- You want to help make the office a better place, but not at the expense of mother earth or our principles
- Willingness to ask questions, learn, and have a keen sense of curiosity
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.