At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
In this role, we’re looking for someone to drive the short- and long-term direction for our emerging products, including our Personas and Protocols products. We’re particularly interested in hearing from folks with a background in scaling products with complex and demanding infrastructure challenges, extensive experience coaching Senior PMs and Group PMs, and experience driving product strategy across many stakeholders and functions.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop a team of world-class PMs
- Grow our emerging products team from ~10 to ~20 over the next 18 months
- Work with our go-to-market leadership and cross-functional leadership to define strategy for the group
- Build a PM function/brand that attracts aspiring Product Managers from all over the world
- Be intimately connected to our customers and be a champion and voice of our customers
- Inspire and lead cross-functional teams of Engineers, Designers, Product Marketers and others
- Identify key performance metrics at a company level and drive those metrics
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years Product Management experience or equivalent, including at least 4+ years of managing a team of PMs
- Experience driving career growth for Senior PMs and Group PMs
- Experience managing product teams of 10+ members
- The ability to synthesize all inputs and develop a very crisp product roadmap
- A proven track record of incredibly impressive product launches
We’re especially excited about candidates who:
- Have extensive experience defining and shaping market categories
- Have past experience delighting Fortune 500 Enterprises
- Have extensive experience building products for marketing buyers
- Have rapidly matured emerging products
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Read Full Job Description