Director of Product Management, Affirm Virtual Card at Affirm
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We're just getting started, and we're looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
The Affirm Virtual Card is the extension of Affirm's pre-purchase credit products, offering merchants no-code access to BNPL and consumers the flexibility to pay over time wherever they shop. As a Director, you will craft and execute the strategy to accelerate the adoption of the Affirm Virtual Card. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a product vision and strategy, building a team, and delivering delightful experiences to our consumers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach and lead a team of Product Managers and professionals in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
What You'll Do
- Build a deep understanding of our consumers, merchants, and partners - their global needs, the jobs-to-be-done, why they love Affirm, and what they wish could be better
- Evolve our consumer financial product suite which powers engagement within our Marketplace and attracts users throughout their purchasing journey
- Build a deep understanding of consumer behaviors and merchant needs to develop credit and checkout products which increase our consumer share of wallet & increase merchant value
- Develop solutions to distribute Affirm's consumer financial product suite beyond our owned channels, with a focus on capturing new share of spend and entering new verticals
- Identify and prioritize product enhancements which improve end to end funnel conversion and user experience of Affirm's virtual card products
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, data science, and commercial teams to develop the product roadmap
- Partner with engineering and design leadership to develop the operating structure and process to deliver on business goals
- Recruit, retain, mentor and develop a growing team of product managers
What We Look For
- 10+ years of product management experience and having directly led teams (ideally 4+ years of management experience)
- Track record of successfully launching and growing consumer products at scale demonstrating end-to-end product development experience
- Proven ability to scale and foster a high-performing product management team
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate effectively in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession over product excellence, and an ability to move fast
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA33
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.