Director of Product Management, End-User Experience Monitoring (Hybrid or Remote)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About The Role
- Stay hands-on with customers to keep them happy today while gaining insight into future ideas
- Define & drive the vision to help customers of every size see every digital experience like it’s their own - from the device through the app
- Identify and execute on go to market and distribution opportunities to further integrate ThousandEyes capabilities into new devices and partners
- Distill a vision into a compelling roadmap that focuses on solving customers' complex problems
- Develop a clean user experience in the product to enable customers to identify and act on recommendations quickly
- Build and lead a great product team (recruit, hire, coach, mentor) with clear, measured outcomes
What You’ll Do
ThousandEyes is looking for a Director of Product Management to continue the growth of our end-user experience monitoring business. The role includes direct product ownership and team responsibilities over our endpoint vantage points deployed on a diverse set of end-user devices and the ThousandEyes platform capabilities that bring the data to life. Helping customers of all sizes manage their workforce digital experience and ensure they have the right visibility and control where it matters to them.
We believe this area has significant room for further expansion into additional use cases and capabilities. We are looking for a leader to help lead this product line and continue to explore.
Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll set direction by working directly with customers and make plans come to life by leading a cross-functional team of design, engineering, and go-to-market. Your mission is to deliver massive customer and business value by shipping the right product at the right time.
- Technical Acumen: You will work closely with engineering to understand technical tradeoffs and their impact on the product. Being comfortable with end-user devices and networking technologies
- Product Sense: Our favorite product managers bring together insights from every corner (customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams) to design and build the best product experience.
- Curiosity: The best candidates understand that creativity and growth start with a curious, humble mindset and asking thoughtful questions.
- Ownership: The best product managers take the responsibility of delivering a successful product to heart, and step in wherever needed, even if crossing typical role boundaries; they never shy away from the details nor lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Communication: Effective communication to any audience (company leadership, engineering, customers, and more) is key to success in this role.
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard-working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are a team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
Apply for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with demonstrated success in enterprise/SaaS software products. Experience and/or passion for working with networking and machine learning
- Bonus: have experience scaling a high-growth product from early stages (
Cisco values the perspectives and skills that emerge from employees with diverse backgrounds. That's why Cisco is expanding the boundaries of discovering top talent by not only focusing on candidates with educational degrees and experience but also placing more emphasis on unlocking potential. We believe that everyone has something to offer and that diverse teams are better equipped to solve problems, innovate, and create a positive impact.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification. Research shows that people from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy. We urge you not to prematurely exclude yourself and to apply if you're interested in this work.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
US – COMPENSATION RANGE – MESSAGE TO APPLICANTS
159800 USD - 314200 USD
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.