The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a savvy and creative Director of Product Management to lead product management activities for our industry-leading cloud-managed Secure SD-WAN business, which covers a wide number of strategic initiatives including but not limited to: (a) evolving a winning product line strategy, (b) building rich analytics and insights into the product portfolio (c) ideating and executing on a strategy to develop adjacent product lines and verticals to create a $1B business, (d) enhancing our application programming interface (API) strategy so that we continue to own the forefront of highly programmable next-generation networking.
You will be driving the focus around how Meraki is thinking about further expanding its cloud-managed Secure SD-WAN capabilities and collaborate with the various discrete product teams for the Meraki products (e.g. MS, MR, Cloud). The role includes driving product strategy and execution for all areas related to our portfolio, and most importantly leading and further building a team of highly skilled Product Managers to manage various product components.
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to help ensure that we continue to have the best product portfolio in the industry as part of the Meraki platform. You will work closely with the executive team to establish a winning strategy, and interface with our extraordinary sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure continued market-adoption and rapid growth.
In this position, you will team up with the world's best engineers - PhD types from MIT, Berkeley, and Stanford, and lead one of the best PM teams in the industry. You will develop excellent technical knowledge, deliver high-impact presentations, and have a passion for learning about and evangelizing cloud-driven networking technology.
You will be required to decide on critical matters concern strategic goals and tactical way to get there frequently.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your penchant for approaching problems with creative solutions, genuine passion for engineering, business, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki Product Leader.Responsibilities
- Lead and further build a diverse team of passionate product management individuals. Without the team, there is no product.
- Inspire your team but also others - starting with the engineering team as well as Sales, Support, Marketing, and so on.
- Define product strategy, roadmap, positioning, and pricing
- Define and drive discrete components of a cross-product unification strategy across all layers - engineering, sales, marketing and product
- BA/BS in EE or CS or a related technical field
- Minimum 5-10 years of work experience in technology (ideally in networking and WAN/security)
- Strong business background (ex: MBA, CPO/PM, CEO) desired
- Hunger for learning about networking, cloud technologies, customers, and problems
- Track record of motivating and driving large projects and large teams effectively
- Demonstrates success in driving product initiatives where outcomes were paramount to the health or strategic differentiation over the overall business, e.g. incremental revenue streams in the hundreds of millions
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" attitude, and ability and willingness to make an impact
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.