Director of Product Management, Trust & Safety at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
At Affirm, we’re reinventing consumer finance for the better. That goal infuses every part of what we do, from the moment a user sees Affirm for the first time all the way through to their final payment. As Affirm grows, we are diversifying our financial product portfolio and providing more ways for customers to interact with Affirm.
As the Director of Product for Trust & Safety, you'll shape the vision for how we protect and grow a fintech marketplace of the future. This team solves a diverse set of problems, including seamless identity verification, detection, automation and education, all with an emphasis on exceptional customer experiences. You'll lead a team of Product Managers, influence other product leaders, and carefully coordinate with Trust & Safety investigation and operations teams.
You’ll build features and platforms that make it seamless and easy for customers to deepen their engagement with Affirm, feeding into a holistic member journey. You'll collaborate with Fraud Risk, Machine Learning, Customer Operations, Engineering, and our product teams to keep our consumers and merchants safe. The Trust & Safety team is in hyper growth in terms of its size and impact, which is why this is a unique opportunity to set the product vision and execute on a product strategy that will shape the future of Affirm.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Product who oversees our Foundations Product Teams.What You'll Do
- With your team, you’ll own the Identity, Authentication, Fraud and Membership roadmaps
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to set long term objectives, KPIs and closely track progress against the team’s goals
- Partner with other product teams and engineering teams to scale our platforms and meet the needs of new products, partnerships and unlock new distribution channels
- Build configurable systems and platforms that allow us to identify users seamlessly with minimal friction, and at the same time, increase account security
- Innovate on our tooling systems to fight fraud and unlock new loan volume
- Own the product vision, strategy and customer-focused product roadmap through close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design, and Engineering while balancing business needs and keeping our users safe
- This is a critical and highly strategic role on the Foundations Product Team
- 10+ years of product management experience and having directly led teams (ideally 4+ years of management experience)
- Proficiency with one or more of the following - trust and safety, fraud, identity or payments
- A passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Proven ability to scale and foster a team while leading from a product driven stance
- Ability to lead a large decentralized group from complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus
- Experience balancing competing needs in a platform, striking the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating prioritization
- Track record of successfully launching and growing products at scale
- Ability to balance outstanding user insight with high analytical rigor
- Drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Obsesses over getting the product details right, but knows how to ship on time
- Lead, mentor and develop a growing team of product managers
- Experience working in fintech, on a consumer finance product, or marketplace business
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.