Unity’s Ultra Simple Creation (Ultra) team is building out new creative tools that will encourage and enable entirely new markets of makers. Your role will be to turn research, analysis, and domain expertise into product definition and strategy, ensuring product quality and execution every step of the way.
This product team, Ultra, is an extension of Unity’s belief that the world is better with more creators in it. Specifically, Ultra is highly targeted at the enormous number of daily, common creative tasks that everyday people have to do. We make it easier than ever to make beautiful, high quality creations.
This role is especially pivotal as a ‘startup co-founder’. You will work alongside your peers in design & engineering, and specifically be responsible for making key product decisions and crafting the overall vision, strategy, and priorities. You will be the most passionate advocate of our users, and a champion of the vision. You will report directly to the VP of Ultra, and your role is essential to this team’s success.
This is a rare opportunity to join a 0-1 product team inside a well-established, successful company, helping to expand Unity’s tool suite to an entirely new class of users.What you’ll be doing
- Drive product definition, strategy and prioritization for an end-to-end simple creation ecosystem, Ultra
- Lead and prioritize the team’s research and exploration to define the broad target market, jobs to be done, and prioritize where we can make the largest impact for our users
- Collaborate across founding Ultra team to ensure all plans holistically fulfill the most needed user outcomes
- Define build, buy, borrow strategy to speed Ultra MVP to market
- Build and own the Ultra Product organization, through hiring and/or acquisitions, with a proven foundation for processes and communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to roadmap rapid growth plan to bring Ultra platform to scale
- Identify partnerships to strengthen product throughout the user journey; from templates, tools, content, though distribution and attribution
- Experience in product management leadership/executive roles as well as entrepreneurial background that excels at zero-to-one
- People management experience and capability to grow a balanced and effective team
- Technical background sufficient to understand technical constraints of the platform and how to prioritize potential solutions
- Executive presence to present in C-suite presentations and big group partner management, as well as attract and hire key talent
- Experience building and launching new creative technologies
- Storytelling and visual presentation abilities - capability of distilling sophisticated systems and strategies into clear and concise media
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.