As the Director of Product Management at CircleCI, you will lead and mentor a product management team that works closely with Engineering, Design and Marketing to create an intuitive, cohesive and delightful customer experience for users across all CircleCI products and platforms.
About Product Management at CircleCI:
The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy and roadmap, and execution and delivery. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.
What you’ll do:
- Lead multiple product management teams and align the talent, tools, and processes with the business goals.
- Define the product strategy for your area of ownership, develop and identify the key measures of success, set expectations with all relevant stakeholders, and effectively prioritize across initiatives, teams and functions
- Coach product managers as they break down complex problems, develop strategies and plans to solve them, and help them collaborate to deliver solutions
- Use your knowledge of best practices to direct product management teams across the full product life cycle, from user research to requirements refinement to prototyping to production and ultimately sunset
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative product management process with an eye for continuous improvement
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and rapidly develop opportunity assessments, product briefs, user stories, etc. if necessary
- Attract, inspire, mentor, and grow top product management talent
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years direct product management experience
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of product managers
- Ability to mentor product managers, engineers and/or designers in how to work together to build great products
- Ability to lead the product management of large, complex systems of interactions across a multitude of touchpoints - web, mobile, API, CLI, etc.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex business needs and user issues into clean, understandable solutions
- Ability to lead, coach, inspire, and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable work
- Ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence different audiences
- Work experience in start-ups or evidence you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in Agile and/or Lean environments
- Knowledge of current trends in product management, best practices, and processes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.