Director of Product Management at Credible
Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, has raised multiple rounds of funding, is generating significant revenue and is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the role
Credible is looking for a user-centric, data-driven, results-oriented Director of Product Management to join our team. This is an opportunity for you to own key aspects of the product and have a real impact on the users we serve. You will play a critical role in our growing team. This is a great opportunity for you to join an early stage company and craft the direction of the product by working directly with the VP of Product and a high-performing team of product managers, designers and engineers.
The role is full-time and compensation will be based on experience.
- Own features from conception to launch, working with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver improvements to our product
- Oversee feature prioritization for the team, and keep the trains running on time within an agile development environment
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and product metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Help establish a structured approach to user research in our product development process
- Collaborate with our growth, marketing, partnership and operations teams to coordinate significant product launches
- Set and meet daring goals for yourself and the team
- Coach and mentor more junior product managers and designers, helping them develop in their careers.
- Work directly with our VP of Product to shape the long-term product and business direction
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role for web-based consumer Internet products
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters (especially MBA) ideal
- Ability to use data, your experience and product instincts to identify most impactful areas of focus
- Strong analytical abilities, and considerable experience with Excel and other analytics tools
- Extraordinary problem solving and communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Technical aptitude - through education or experience, it's important that you can work closely with engineers to evaluate different approaches to implementing product features, weighing cost/benefit tradeoffs
Nice to have
- Experience mentoring or directly managing product managers
- Experience working with FinTech products or in the student loan space
- Experience formulating/running/analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with analytics tools - Looker, Google Analytics, etc.
Why you want to work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.