Director of Product, ML New Initiatives at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
As the Director of Product Management for Context Engineering you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of this team, setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company, as well as direct responsibility for new products and those already loved by hundreds of millions of users. You will do this together with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers and leaders from across functions.
- Develop and deliver on Dropbox’s strategy around Dropbox context engineering, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area – in close partnership with engineering and design – to create and ship delightful product experiences that help people work better together
- Collaborate closely with the other Product teams driving similar new-product initiatives
- Make data-informed decisions. Know how you’re measuring success before starting any project. Obsess over your KPIs. Know when to commit more or less resources.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams in scrappy ways.
- You will also be responsible for building a product roadmap that scales with customer needs and the progression of the business
- Define new product goals working closely with engineers, designers, senior leaders, and other PMs.
- 12+ years of experience delivering highly successful and innovative software products which are AI powered
- Deep understanding of natural language processing, machine learning, and automation technologies
- Experience developing developer tools, languages, or APIs a plus
- Experience with delivering a 0-1 product from concept stage to final delivery
- Demonstrated ability to influence company level strategy and work with business leaders to execute on the transformation
- Build alignment and listen well, but can also drive hard decisions, framing the different options and tradeoffs.
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to analyze and use quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions
- A deep understanding and empathy for consumer and business users — you love building products that make our customers feel joy, delight and trust
- You’re a strong communicator, with an ability to influence with cross-functional collaboration skills
Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. We target most new hire offers between the minimum up to the middle of the range.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
• US Zone 1: $255,000 - $300,000 - $345,000.
• US Zone 2: $229,500 - $270,000 - $310,500.
• US Zone 3: $204,000 - $240,000 - $276,000.
Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use. Current US Zone locations are as follows:
• US Zone 1: San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro
• US Zone 2: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro
• US Zone 3: All other US locations