Medium enables readers to become more informed and to escape the filter bubbles that are all around us. Here at Medium, we are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We are looking for a growth-minded, empathetic product leader to play a meaningful role in making Medium a valuable part of peoples’ lives, and accelerating our subscription business! As Director of Product for Reader and Subscriber Growth, you’ll manage and grow a team of product managers to define and lead product efforts helping millions of readers around the world build deep and positive relationships with Medium. You’ll drive growth in the business not through hacks, but through increased clarity and trust as users engage with Medium.
What will you do?
- Develop and be responsible for the vision and strategy for how we attract new readers to Medium, activate them as engaged users, convert them to paying subscribers, and retain them over time
- Lead a high performing team across SEO, user activation, subscriber conversion, and payments to execute that product vision
- Mentor and guide product managers, helping to develop their craft of product management and career path
- Collaborate with engineering, design and marketing to launch new features that delight users and enable them to be better informed and more independent thinkers
- Work with our data science and user research teams to develop insights into the behaviors and needs of Medium’s users, and translate those insights into strategies and features that will help us improve the product
- Understand the competitive environment and stay on top of great user experiences, especially with subscription media products
Who are you?
- At least 10 years experience as a PM, primarily working in consumer technology
- Experience building and leading teams of high-quality product managers
- Successfully shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- Proven experience working with teams to translate that into roadmaps, backlogs, hypotheses and experiments
- You care deeply about user experience, and have a vision for how Medium can make words and ideas matter in the lives of our users
This position is based in our San Francisco office.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, encouraging, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Read Full Job Description