Director of Product, Video
The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a senior product leader to take on Video, our fastest growing product experience on Reddit.
Reddit is the world’s largest network of communities. Amazing things happen on Reddit every single day. Our members create, manage, and grow all of the communities that make up the Reddit experience. These communities connect and inspire hundreds of millions of people across the globe each month, and increasingly this is happening in real time and with rich media like Video. Since launching Video in 2017, the product has grown organically to reach over 350 million video plays per day.
Based in San Francisco, CA and reporting into the VP of Product and Community, Alex Le, the Head of Video will drive the strategy, execution, and recruiting for Reddit Video. The ideal candidate is an experienced product leader, understands online consumers and communities, and is hungry to grow a massive business from a promising foundation.About Reddit
Nicknamed the “front page of the internet,” Reddit is a vast network of communities where millions of people go every day to share and discuss the most interesting content online. With over 330 million monthly users, Reddit is home to the largest and most passionate communities for almost every interest under the sun—from news and politics to beauty, sports, gaming and more.
Reddit has raised $600m in private financing from Tencent, Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, SV Angel, Y Combinator, Coatue Management, and others. Their last round of financing was a D round of $300m that valued the business at $3B.Responsibilities
- Lead and grow the Reddit Video Product, Eng, and Design team
- Lead the development of the Reddit Video product, defining vision and strategy, and driving crisp development execution.
- Directly manage and train product managers
- Effectively represent the Reddit Video team to Reddit leadership
- Work cross functionally with Video stakeholders to such as Consumer Product, Community Product, Ads Engineering, and Sales to define and achieve common goals with Video
- Director level product experience at consumer internet or gaming companies
- Experience working with online video (archive, VOD, streaming)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team, as well as to align a diverse set of stakeholders toward a common goal
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage high complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- The ability to write both long-term strategy and short-term roadmaps
- Understand in depth and have a high level of respect for the core user base at Reddit and develop the most appropriate and innovative solutions that are suitable for Reddit’s communities
- Engineering or design background