Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Powered by Affirm (PBA) takes the best of what Affirm has to offer (Apps and APIs) and exposes them to Ecommerce Platforms, Marketplaces and Large Enterprises to deliver a more native, embedded and customized user and merchant experience. This role would be an IC position.
As a Product Manager on PBA team, you’ll build the platform that delivers the user experiences, APIs, tools, systems, and workflows to drive consumer, merchant, and platform/marketplace/large enterprise adoption of Affirm. Even more, you’ll contribute and create a product roadmap that allows Affirm to operate at platform scale: serving millions of users and merchants with the same high touch, stakeholder-centric view we’ve had since 2012!What You'll Do
- Understand Affirm users and Ecommerce platforms, Marketplaces and Large Enterprises at a deep level -- what’s important to them, what drives their decision making, why they love Affirm, and what they wish we would be better
- Build an API first platform that gives Affirm leverage as we ‘light up’ the next big partner
- Create the experiences and APIs that make it seamless for consumers and merchants build a seamless buy now, pay later experience
- Be a guide on trends in everything from consumer credit and payments to shopping and e-commerce, and use that knowledge to shape the roadmap
- Dig into all aspects of Affirm’s lending business. This includes merchant integrations, consumer experience, risk decisioning and funding pipeline to build the strategy for how to scale and supercharge growth
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.