Group Product Manager – SMB at RingCentral
Say hello to possibilities.
It’s not everyday that you consider starting a new career. We’re RingCentral, and we’re happy that someone as talented as you is considering this role.
First, a little about us, we’re the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Product Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
We are hiring a Group Product Manager in our Enterprise and SMB team to lead core setup, administration and end user settings management across web, desktop and mobile. You will help define, develop, and deliver world-class features and experiences that solve real customer problems for account, user, and system management for our Messaging, Video and Phone collaboration products in a single unified interface.
The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge technical and business worlds as you design features with engineering and then zoom out to lead cross-functional teams to deliver solutions.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about building application software, with experience in user interfaces and a keen eye for user experience, to help business administrators and users get their tasks done efficiently. You will have experience defining the functional requirement of end user features, working with a design team to bring solutions to life, and working with engineering and quality assurance to bring them to market.
You can see the big picture and are willing to get your hands dirty with details and with data. You are intensely curious about user behavior and get excited about understanding the customer’s problems. You have incredible patience, solid negotiation skills, and understand how to strategically plan, prioritize, and make tradeoffs.
You understand that saying “no” is as important as adding new features. You also enjoy tapping the left side of the brain and quantifying your decisions by analyzing data and setting up proper measurement and reporting for each feature launched.
- Understand and prioritize customer needs
- Conduct customer interviews, follow-me-home, and other studies to understand customer behavior and needs
- Define functional requirements and user experience for features and products
- Define product success metrics and track success of features and products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering and Quality Assurance on feature definition and development
- Work with cross-functional teams on product go-to-market strategy
- Understand the competitive landscape and evaluate trends to better inform feature prioritization decisions
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of highly driven Product Managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years of product management experience in a technology company
- Previous work experience with web-based Enterprise, SMB or Consumer User Interfaces
- Previous work experience directly managing a team of Product Managers
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Extremely organized
- Experience creating mockups and wireframes
- Capable of taking complex issues, breaking them down and making them simple to understand
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced / entrepreneurial environment
- Highly empathetic with users, customers, and co-workers
- Positive, team-focused attitude toward software development
- Understanding of behavioral psychology
- Track record of managing the entire product life cycle
- MS Computer Engineering / Science or MBA
- Unified communications (Telephony/VoIP, Video Meetings, Messaging & Collaboration) experience
- Product Management experience with mobile and desktop user interfaces
- Knowledge of UX / UI design patterns
- Worked at a high growth startup
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
401K match and ESPP
Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Product Management team works closely with our customers to define the real-world collaboration challenges people face, and help develop groundbreaking solutions to solve them. Together, we drive strategy and roadmaps to delight our current customers and win new market share. We care deeply about customer experience, understand that great products should solve real-world problems, and believe that saying “no” is sometimes just as important as adding new features.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.