Head of Growth Product Analytics
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
In this high impact Head of Growth Product Analytics role, you will have the opportunity to relentlessly leverage data, data science, experimentation and analytics to understand what products and features delight and engage our members, increase enrollment, and inspire our members to move through our user funnels and tell their friends about Chime.
- Build and lead a team of 5-6 Growth product analysts. Additionally, lead (indirectly) our broader team of up to 20 product analysts in 2020 who oversee other aspects of our products.
- Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data and surfacing insights through exploratory analytics, experimentation, in-depth research into the user journey / customer funnel, and data science.
- Influence change by presenting product insights and recommendations to a variety of levels within the organization, including executives.
- Identify what KPIs, data, features and events will evidence whether success has been achieved, where it has been achieved, and why.
- Lead experimentation optimization by providing guidance on the experiments that should be run, how they should be run (what sample size and sample populations should be included), what events and properties should be tracked, and how to analyze results to understand attribution, causation, and incremental lift.
- Partner with Product Managers to align your work to business needs, collaborate with Data Engineers to optimize data (structure, accuracy and completeness), and team within the Analytic org to gain efficiency, consistency and creativity.
- You have an advanced degree, or equivalent working experience, in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
- You have 7-10 years of experience in B2C product analytics (in FinTech, Banking, Lending or Credit, a plus).
- You have led, coached and managed a team of analysts for a minimum of 3 years.
- You are a self starter who delights in applying experimentation / AB testing, statistical analysis and other data science techniques to understand who our customers are, what they are doing, what they want, and why.
- You are not only a SQL expert, but have also analyzed web and mobile app data to understand user journeys, customer funnels and conversion drivers (Amplitude experience, specifically, a plus).
- You understand how to optimize event tracking - what should be tracked, how it should be structured and taxonomies that should be applied (Segment experience, specifically, a plus).
- You have owned experiment design and analysis from end to end, understanding not only how to set up experiments (determining who is in the populations, sample size, how they are deployed, how long they run, etc.) but also analysed the results by doing deep dives to understand attribution, causation, and incremental lift. (Understanding how and when to go beyond 3rd party experimentation platform analytics, like Optimizely, a plus).
- You do your due diligence to make sure your insights are right and do not sacrifice the quality or accuracy of your work.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.