Head of Product Platform PM
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is looking for an experienced product leader to head our Product Platform product management team. Our Product Platform is the foundation of Gusto, enabling the safe, seamless and compliant money movement for all our products and evolving shared components in the Gusto user experience across our customer-facing product and internal tools. Over 1% of small and medium sized businesses in the US and their employees entrust us with their most critical financial transactions.
As part of Gusto’s PM leadership team, you’ll develop and execute the Product Platform product roadmap with a nimble and talented team of PMs. You will have the freedom to run with a product idea and see it through to the end. You’ll build a team, a business and set of products that our customers and internal teams will love and will set the bar for the industry. You will also partner with our Head of Product to evolve our strategy & product management as a team for Gusto as a whole.
If you are a builder of platform products who thrives on making major business impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead Gusto’s Product Platform product team: Recruit, hire, and empower a team of PMs
- Develop the Product Platform product roadmap for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, data scientists, designers, and operators
- Identify emerging payments and risk capabilities (e.g via banks, vendors, partners), build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Evolve shared user experience components across our customer-facing product and internal tools
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users (including internal customers) smile
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Be an owner of products and capabilities, end to end
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of hands-on product management experience, with 5+ years managing growing product teams
- Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and be a hands-on help to your team
- Have a proven track record of building platform products in rapidly scaling companies
- Deep domain experience in payments and risk
- Pay great attention to detail. Pixel perfect isn’t an ideal, it is a requirement
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
- Bonus points if you have SaaS experience serving SMBs
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.