Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
With the rising trend toward a more flexible and remote workforce, more clients are on the lookout for flexible talent that will allow them to meet their business needs effectively which matches up well with the needs of our highly skilled freelancers and agencies who are looking for more fulfilling jobs that are not location- constrained.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing a strategy and roadmap to improve our agency experience. It is a truly two-sided marketplace role: including understanding the Agency personas and their needs, as well as the client's needs in finding, selecting, hiring, and working with agencies. This effort involves building a ‘whole product’ solution that includes services and product, working with sales, operations, product, engineering, marketing, etc.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about understanding our customers' needs deeply and enjoys finding innovative solutions that will truly exceed their expectations.Your Responsibilities:
- Define the vision and develop a product strategy for the Agency experience that integrates customer research and market analysis to identify features/initiatives that will deliver strong business outcomes
- Build consensus on the product roadmap strategy and priorities across peer, cross-functional teams, and leadership
- Partner with design and engineering to develop and execute against a data-backed roadmap while making trade-offs between features and speed to market
- Collaborate with analytics to define and analyze success metrics for product features and initiatives
- Proven experience in developing a roadmap and strategy that is backed by a thorough understanding of the customer's needs and the available market solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record to influence your peers and leadership
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves and jumping in when needed
- Proven ability to make data-driven decisions
- 5-8 years of experience in Product Management delivering strong outcomes
- Drive and willingness to go above and beyond with a strong work ethic
- Ability to play well with others on your team through collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Have deep knowledge and understanding of agency needs and how they work with mid-market and large enterprises.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.