Lead Product Manager, Core Product
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
The Core Team is looking for a Lead Product Manager who will focus on the heart of our company’s mission: using our scale in the marketplace to help millions of members make financial progress. In the last months this team has helped people build their credit, tackle collections, wipe out credit card debt, and create plans to make financial progress. If you’re interested in having enough ownership over an initiative to shape it while also impacting tens of millions of members, this could be the role for you.
Key problems you’ll be solving:
- Americans have $1 trillion in Credit Card Debt, $1.5 trillion in Student Loans, and over $10 trillion in other consumer debt. How can we help people make faster progress on paying down debt but also using it wisely to open new opportunities?
- Similarly, 40% of Americans cannot afford a $400 emergency without going into debt; millions have credit scores so low they cannot access funds to buy a car or home; and millions need direction on their finances to achieve their dreams.
- How can we use our scale as a company and our vantage point (insight into the debt of 100M+ Americans) to launch products that meaningfully address these problems, making Credit Karma a key destination to make financial progress?
Key things you’ll be doing:
- Launch products to help people make meaningful progress on various aspects of their finances, especially around tackling debt.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, and business development, as well as with partner teams and executives, to deliver successful launches.
- Identifying and testing strategies that enable us to deliver on our mission, then executing those strategies.
- Develop domain expertise and empathy for our members and partners to build differentiated products that can make a difference in the industry.
What’s great about it:
- A satisfying mission, working to make financial progress for everyone and we have lots of work yet to be done.
- A fun and scrappy crew of highly motivated and hard-working teammates always looking for ways to make work more fun.
- Working on a product team that has quietly become one of the best in technology by creating an environment that makes it easy to take risks and learn together.
- Be part of the growth journey of an early stage business at scale.
Things we look for:
- Great instincts at creating great products.
- Relevant product management experience, preferably in a high growth environment.
- Lifelong learner: you have a teaching and learning mindset, and aren’t afraid of topics and challenges you haven’t encountered before.
- Master organizer: you find joy in organizing complexity and obsoleting chaos.
- Collaboration: you have a strong ability to bring teams together to unblock, solve problems, and drive progress.
- Flexible to react to changing priorities and able to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with and love of crafting market leading consumer product experiences from positioning to pixels
- Analytical and highly driven to measure and optimize KPIs
- Bonus points: You are an entrepreneur who has worked at scale and have experimented to find product market fit and scaled products that have found fit
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description