Lead Product Manager, Core Product at Credit Karma
Key problems you’ll be solving:
- Americans have $1 trillion in Credit Card Debt, $1.5 trillion in Student Loans, and over $10 trillion in other consumer debt. How can we help people make faster progress on paying down debt but also using it wisely to open new opportunities?
- Similarly, 40% of Americans cannot afford a $400 emergency without going into debt; millions have credit scores so low they cannot access funds to buy a car or home; and millions need direction on their finances to achieve their dreams.
- How can we use our scale as a company and our vantage point (insight into the debt of 100M+ Americans) to launch products that meaningfully address these problems, making Credit Karma a key destination to make financial progress?
Key things you’ll be doing:
- Launch products to help people make meaningful progress on various aspects of their finances, especially around tackling debt.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, and business development, as well as with partner teams and executives, to deliver successful launches.
- Identifying and testing strategies that enable us to deliver on our mission, then executing those strategies.
- Develop domain expertise and empathy for our members and partners to build differentiated products that can make a difference in the industry.
What’s great about it:
- A satisfying mission, working to make financial progress for everyone and we have lots of work yet to be done.
- A fun and scrappy crew of highly motivated and hard-working teammates always looking for ways to make work more fun.
- Working on a product team that has quietly become one of the best in technology by creating an environment that makes it easy to take risks and learn together.
- Be part of the growth journey of an early stage business at scale.
Things we look for:
- Great instincts at creating great products.
- Relevant product management experience, preferably in a high growth environment.
- Lifelong learner: you have a teaching and learning mindset, and aren’t afraid of topics and challenges you haven’t encountered before.
- Master organizer: you find joy in organizing complexity and obsoleting chaos.
- Collaboration: you have a strong ability to bring teams together to unblock, solve problems, and drive progress.
- Flexible to react to changing priorities and able to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with and love of crafting market leading consumer product experiences from positioning to pixels
- Analytical and highly driven to measure and optimize KPIs
- Bonus points: You are an entrepreneur who has worked at scale and have experimented to find product market fit and scaled products that have found fit