Lead Product Manager, ML Merchant Pricing at Affirm
As a data-driven organization, we focus on automating decisions around a host of areas such as underwriting, fraud, capital markets, pricing (for merchants and consumers), and personalization. To achieve our high-reaching goals for these areas, we're looking for a Lead Product Manager of ML & Merchant Pricing to join our Product Team. This role will enable us to grow our merchant network to hundreds of thousands of merchants through scalable and innovative pricing systems powered by machine learning!
This product manager will be responsible for setting product strategies around our key product area of pricing innovations, simulations & optimizations, and operational excellence. This role reports to the Group Product Manager for ML and Risk, which consists of Machine Learning, Credit, Pricing, and Merchant Risk.
We are looking for someone who has...
- A deep appreciation for workflow optimization, automation, and operational excellence
- Ability to champion the use of data to drive automated decisions online and offline
- A detailed understanding of how to apply algorithms
- Familiarity with the machine learning model lifecycle from ideation to deployment
- Experience in platform and service-oriented architectures to build for scale
What You'll Do
- Create new pricing products that enable merchants to maximize the value that Affirm provides them and their customers
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process for pricing, simulations, and operational excellence
- Define the success metrics, OKRs and SLAs by partnering with cross-functional leaders
What We Look For
- 5+ years experience in Product Management
- 1+ years experience building, delivering, iterating on a ML/AI product
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Experience developing data-driven strategies for streamlining and improving operations - all without sacrificing product quality
- Deep understanding of software development for machine-learned products and platform services
- Familiarity with a highly regulated industry
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA31
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.