Lead Product Manager, Powered By Affirm Platform at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Introducing Powered By Affirm. Powered by Affirm takes the best of what Affirm has to offer (Apps and APIs) and exposes them to Ecommerce Platforms, Marketplaces and Large Enterprises to deliver a more native, embedded and customized user and merchant experience.
As a Product Manager on the Powered By Affirm team, you’ll build the user experiences, APIs, tools, systems, and workflows to drive consumer, merchant, and platform/marketplace/large enterprise adoption of Affirm. Even more, you’ll create the product roadmap that allows Affirm to operate at platform scale: serving millions of users and merchants with the same high touch, stakeholder-centric view we’ve had since 2012. You’ll be responsible for envisioning and partnering with key Ecommerce Platforms, Marketplaces and Large Enterprises to deliver best in breed co-developed experiences powered by Affirm, and you’ll work side-by-side with the Commercial leadership team to define a long term strategy.
What you'll do
- Understand Affirm users and Ecommerce platforms, Marketplaces and Large Enterprises at a deep level -- what’s important to them, what drives their decision making, why they love Affirm, and what they wish we would be better
- Create the experiences and APIs that make it seamless for consumers and merchants to deliver a seamless buy now, pay later experience
- Be a thought leader in the company to influence the Powered By Affirm experience for all new products we launch
- Be an expert on trends in everything from consumer credit and payments to shopping and e-commerce, and use that knowledge to shape the roadmap
- Dig into all aspects of Affirm’s lending business including merchant integrations, consumer experience, risk decisioning and funding pipeline to create the strategy for how to scale and supercharge growth
- Define new products and features with specs, wireframes, and product flows
- Collaborate across functions including engineering, design, operations, legal, compliance, and product to successfully launch and scale Affirm’s products
- Define key metrics for success and analyze the user impact of product features with airtight A/B tests and 2nd order insights
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis