Principal Product Manager, Emails and Push Notifications at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and-most importantly-affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you've been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
The Growth team at Wish is a customer focused team that helps acquire, activate, and retain Wish users. Our proprietary automated marketing system is responsible for a large chunk of revenue and is vital to the success of the company. We operate at a gargantuan scale - billions of emails, push notifications, and SMS sent per day - and we release new features constantly.
Our vision for the future is simple: we want to market effectively for the company by creating delightful shopping experiences that connect all the way from point-of-contact down to point-of-purchase. This work involves thinking about critical user journeys, quantitative and qualitative analysis, having a keen eye for aesthetic and usability, and, most importantly, thinking outside the box!
Our database of hundreds of millions of users has provided us with a wealth of valuable data and a huge opportunity to try some very fresh and innovative ideas. We hope that you will join us on our journey.
What you'll be doing:
- Innovating - You'll spend a significant portion of your time thinking up and outlining new projects
- Collaborating - We don't operate in a silo; you'll need to engage with various other stakeholders across the company so that we can best serve each other's needs
- Coordinating - From design to engineering to legal to data science to marketing, you'll need to bring people together to get tasks done
- Communicating - You'll need to be comfortable discussing, debating, and presenting complex ideas
- Planning - We take our roadmapping process quite seriously; you'll need to be able to project several months into the future, think about the state we want to reach, develop a plan for how to get there, and find ways to measure our progress along the way
- Writing - Documentation is a key pillar of how we keep ourselves organized; we'll be looking for strong written communicators
- Analyzing - Wish has an very data-driven culture; we'd love to find someone who's comfortable working with large quantities of data and sniffing out trends
- Moving Quickly - We have a fast development cycle; we launch fearlessly and roll-back aggressively
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves to analyze data hands-on in SQL/Python/R environment
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Positive can-do attitude towards tackling problems, doing what's necessary to get the job done
- Marketing experience
- Experience at an e-commerce or digital marketplace company
- Experience personalization, buying experiences, emails or push notifications
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.