Product Designer at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
At Wish, designers trust their instincts to ship often and early, blend their designs with analytical thinking to touch every aspect of the business, and engage a multidisciplinary approach to design simplicity into all of our products.
About Wish Wish is one of the world’s largest, and fastest-growing, e-commerce companies. Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to make affordable quality goods accessible to everyone on a global scale. We bring together world-class creative talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to the global population.
A bit about our team
Our team is small and nimble, and growing quickly. We design and release new features at a rapid pace to ensure that designers make an impact immediately. Each designer has the opportunity to work on a number of individual projects from scratch to finish. We’re looking for experienced designers who are passionate about serving the often neglected demographic of lower-income, value-conscious consumers by designing better experiences for our sellers. All designers on the team touch every dimension of the seller experience and have an influential voice in determining the future business and design strategy at Wish. We are challenged by leadership to disrupt both existing work processes and thriving business models, to envision and build the future of affordable shopping.
For Internal use only:
What you'll do:
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new product features and services.
- Build a research framework for your projects.
- Apply the full breadth of your design skillset through copywriting, visual design, user research, and interactive design.
- Illustrate and conceptualize marketing materials for our global sellers to be successful in our platform.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Passionate about building and maintaining design systems.
- Executive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, Android, iOS, emails, print)
- Strong UX/UI/visual portfolio: e.g. showcasing thoughtfully designed, painstakingly crafted experiences with depth and clarity, inclusive of insights gained from testing and shipping
- 3+ years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Excellent communication skillsHave shipped product
- Have contributed as a design advocate and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description