Addepar is building a single platform unifying hundreds of portfolio and market data systems and leveraging that platform to create robust, powerful financial applications.
The technical effort involved is massive. Our data ingestion platform processes tens of millions of transactions across millions of accounts every day and our pricing and reference data systems provide analytics coverage for nearly two trillion dollars in assets. We build and run our own distributed financial computation framework that allows clients to run complex analysis of massive data sets in real time. We design robust APIs and powerful, versatile user interfaces to empower wealth managers to ask nuanced questions about their clients' holdings.
As a software engineer on Addepar’s Investor Experience team, you will be working on our customizable, responsive web client portal and our mobile apps that provide investors access to their financial information anytime and anywhere and enable financial advisors to tell their story and communicate with their clients digitally.
- Partner with product and design to develop an understanding and empathy for our users’ needs and pain points.
- Build backend systems to power the investor user experience, working across the stack from SQL to CSS.
- Design, plan and execute on architecture decisions that enable us to scale further and do more for our customers.
- Take ownership from start to finish and make a significant impact on the product
- Mentor and elevate fellow engineers
- Passionate and driven software engineer with 5+ years professional experience.
- You can work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, testing, deployment, operations and support).
- Eager for both learning new technologies and jumping into complex enterprise codebases.
- Experienced working with agile teams, efficiently breaking down large initiatives into strategic incremental features that make our customers’ lives easier.
- Experience developing client-facing REST APIs and writing and tuning SQL queries.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.