Product Manager, Benefits Platform
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. Gusto is first and foremost customer driven – engineering, product and design collaborate as equals. We value thoughtfulness and empathy.
As the Benefits Platform Senior Product Manager, you’ll own how our customers directly and indirectly connect to outside systems (like enabling tech solutions) and product offerings (like insurance carriers). In this role, you will have the freedom to run with product ideas and work with world class engineers and designers to see them through to the end.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own the benefits platform product roadmap and strategy
- Make build, buy or partner decisions on new product areas
- Negotiate contracts in collaboration with Business Development
- Stand-up and manage B2B integrations (everything from modern (APIs) to the more arcane (EDI)) with a best-in-class engineering team
- Nurture partner relationships in concert with our Partners team
- Make our partners successful
- Make our members happy
Here’s what you have:
- 6+ years of successful B2B product management experience
- Presence and judgement to make strategic decisions and bring others along
- The ability to answer your own questions in SQL or play with an API in a sandbox environment
- Drive to elevate the PM team by identifying process improvements and mentoring others
- Technical Degree Required
- Empathy and kindness for the teams you work with and the customers we serve
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.