Product Manager, Capital at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Capital lifts the ceiling of Affirm's scale. Without consistent access to liquidity or risk management capabilities to manage cash flow and loan production, Affirm simply wouldn’t function. And as Affirm continues its rapid growth, it’s critical for the company to scale its funding capacity to support the billions of dollars in loans that Affirm underwrites every year.
That’s where Capital Product comes in. The Capital Product team is responsible for conceiving, designing, and building the next generation of tools and systems required to scale Affirm Capital’s intricate loan funding program and manage Affirm's capital risk.
We’re looking for an outstanding product manager who is not bound to the existing paradigms of traditional banks. You’ll drive innovative solutions while partnering with diverse internal stakeholders across capital markets, treasury, quantitative markets, and accounting functions. In addition, you’ll partner with parallel product teams to collaborate on high impact Affirm-wide initiatives. You are comfortable working with designers and engineers in a technology driven agile environment. And most of all, you are motivated by a desire to reimagine how a financial institution should operate, supporting Affirm’s mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives.What You'll Do
- Establish yourself as a critical trusted partner of our internal Capital teams, i.e., your core users
- Become recognized as a domain expert in the subject matter and workflows that drive Affirm's Capital operations.
- Define and drive product strategy for your product area in collaboration with the head of capital product and company executives
- Define new products and features with specs, wireframes, and product flows
- Collaborate across functions – including engineering, design, capital, legal, compliance, and others – to successfully launch and scale internal products
- Analyze the impact of product features and define metrics for success
- Optimize user flows and process using controlled experiments and user testing
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced technology driven environment
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Prior product or relevant experience in finance, treasury, or debt capital markets a big plus
- Experience designing products for internal and external facing partners with hard SLAs
- Track record of successfully launching and growing software products and services
- Clear and compelling in written and verbal communication, with experience crafting specs and designs around user stories
- Obsesses over getting the details right but knows how to ship on time
- Driven to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.