Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Platform team is growing. This team is responsible for building the products and platform that catapult Blend into a much larger market (outside of our flagship mortgage product).
As a Product Manager, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution for key parts of the core Blend platform that serves as the foundation for multiple Blend product lines. You’ll partner closely with engineering and product teams from across the company to better understand their product objectives, and lead a platform engineering team to build a robust and compelling platform. The platform is used by both internal Blend product teams as well as by external parties, including customers and partners. Sound interesting? Read on.
You will use your strong technical acumen to manage and drive key aspects of Blend’s platform across our data model, APIs, workflow engine, UI and services layers, and deployment tools. Partnering with the teams owning our major banking verticals and capabilities, you will define and execute a platform roadmap that enables faster speed of development and deployment, greater extensibility of shared components and services, and the foundation for the future of product experiences across all our verticals.
How you’ll contribute:
- Work across product, engineering, and executive teams to successfully propel core platform initiatives forward and achieve internal adoption
- Partner with cross-functional teams, distill complex challenges, manage competing priorities, and deliver a coherent and compelling set of platform services
- Leverage your technical acumen to deeply understand engineering problems, deliver detailed specifications, and speak confidently about what the team is working on, critical technical decisions, and the trade-offs of various approaches
Who you are:
- 5+ years of technical product management. Strong preference for experience building or scaling APIs, products, and complex systems and services
- Can map and communicate how engineering system design decisions relate to customer, business, and company outcomes
- Possess deep technical knowledge around complex web application architecture, APIs, or developer tools
- Proven history of shipping and iterating on successful platform products that required partnering across multiple teams and/or organizations
- Strong communication skills - you can operate at a strategic level and deep dive into the technical details with ease
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description