Product Manager, Fraud
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a small team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
Trust and confidence is fundamental to DoorDash marketplace, and the Fraud team is charged with ensuring that trust and safety of all customers. The team takes pride in being quick to resolve emerging fraud patterns, forecast fraud scenarios and prevent them before they occur, build long-term system and product features and create sustainable machine learning models and rules. The challenge and opportunity is to enable a superior and secure experience through the DoorDash app for consumers, drivers and merchants.About the Role
We’re looking for a product leader and rock-star to join a fast-paced and transformational company to manage various fraud initiatives. This person will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources and patterns of fraud and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial risk. This person will also develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish DoorDash, its systems and capabilities as the industry leader in fraud management and mitigation and services.
This individual possesses a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data and prior experience to create insights for cross-functional stakeholders that includes engineers, analysts, and operations. They will ensure that we deliver a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities. This individual will be the ‘go to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud and risk solutions across multiple businesses. The individual is an experienced manager who will take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud, etc.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Partner with Finance and Business Leaders to manage the impact to profitability of the overall business.
- 3+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 3-5 years of experience across Fraud and Risk across payment, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Proven experience in defining strategic vision and tactical execution to reduce fraud and build sustainable fraud products and systems.
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles
- Focus and rigor on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Experience in effectively working with multiple teams for collaboration and company-wide project delivery
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and drive independently
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or data-related domain
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.