Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to help us enhance human communication. You’ll be responsible for crafting a product vision to solve complex communication-related problems, such as how to write more empathetically or persuasively. This is a unique opportunity to combine artificial intelligence and NLP technologies with delightful design to create something that millions of users will use each day. Your job is to help our users around the world find their voice and have the tools to say what they want to say.
As an experienced Product Manager, you will be responsible for owning the product vision for a problem area in how people communicate such as writing memorably or overcoming the anxiety of the blank page. You will do so by combining a deep empathy for our users with insights from market data, crafting a compelling vision, and leading cross-functional teams to execute on your plans.
- Within your first 30 days, you will get familiar with our product, understand the metrics/KPIs for our writing suggestions, and come up with some innovative feature ideas for the product. You’ll begin to take over one to two projects toward the end of your first month.
- By month three, you will have had one to two successful launches, develop a deeper understanding of Grammarly’s NLP and ML capabilities, and be working with the Design, Marketing, and Engineering teams to develop new feature ideas in your communication area.
- By month six, you will be the go-to person for your communication area and an expert on Grammarly’s core competency of writing suggestions. You will have taken ownership of the long-term roadmap of your communication area and be working on new features to lead to step-function changes in Grammarly’s metrics.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is excited about using machine learning and NLP technologies to create delightful and meaningful user experiences.
- Is passionate about UI/UX. Writing is highly personal and we must make sure our suggestions are empathetic, understandable, and harmoniously integrated with a user’s writing flow.
- Loves thinking about what makes a sentence beautiful or an email clear and effective.
- Has developed long-term, complex, cross-functional product plans and rallied cross-functional teams behind a product direction.
- Has developed sophisticated metrics to measure the effectiveness of complex and innovative features. How do you measure how an AI system has made a piece of writing clearer?
- Has a solid technical background (a computer science degree or relevant work experience).
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.