At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a small team of experienced product leaders to define and build on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead our Payments Infrastructure. In this role, you’ll lead a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and operators working on our payments platform. You’ll be responsible for our payments strategy to support new and existing products and the platform that helps us record millions of transactions. You’ll also partner with our Business Intelligence team to develop reporting solutions for our revenue and costs.
You'll work among engineers and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking and well-honed product judgment. Given the three-sided nature of our business, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategy for the company.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for our Payments Platform.
- Develop and execute a product roadmap through close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Business Intelligence, Accounting and Engineering teams.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the payments landscape.
- Oversee the development and management of real-time systems to record revenue and costs.
- Partner with Product Managers across the company to guide and develop payment capabilities for new products. Establish business cases and projected return on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- 5+ years of product management, analytics or development experience in the tech industry
- 3 or more years of experience of payments in e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Experience defining strategic vision and tactical execution to build large scale payments platforms
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles
- Focus and thoughtfulness on data and analytics to solve problems and experience achieving results through continuous improvement
- Experience in effectively working with multiple teams for collaboration and company-wide project delivery
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize independently
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or data-related domain
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.