Product Manager, Product Platform at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Do you read about SaaS business models in your leisure time? Is “Masters of Scale” your favorite podcast? If you get excited on hearing about the latest innovations in payments, let’s talk! Over 100,000 businesses trust us to process billions of payroll annually, and we are building best-in-class payments, billing and financial reporting infrastructure to enable the next stage of growth for Gusto.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be an owner of our payments, billing and financial reporting platform products
- Identify market opportunities and upcoming compliance requirements, build business cases (including build vs buy), and define product vision and strategy
- Bridge the technical and business worlds by collaborating with:
- Engineering, Product and Design (EPD)
- Foundation teams (finance, accounting, risk operations, payments operations)
- Biz teams (marketing, sales, support, BizTech)
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users (including internal customers) smile
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience building APIs, products and complex systems at scale
- Proficient with SQL
- Pay great attention to detail. Our customers trust us in important and often their most sensitive financial transactions, and the systems we build need to be highly accurate and reliable.
- Show empathy to others while being a strong owner in the business
- Prior work in FinTech domain (payments, risk, compliance)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.