About the role
At Chime, we believe in the power of our product to help people lead healthier financial lives. Our risk team is tasked with keeping our members’ accounts safe, providing them uninterrupted access to their money, and minimizing the company’s risk exposure and fraud loss. We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Risk team. This team is responsible for empowering risk and compliance operations and its integration with automation. You will partner with risk operations, engineering, design, and data science teams to build, test, execute, and iterate new and existing product solutions that reduce fraud loss, protect our members, and create a world-class experience for our members.
You will drive decision-making through customer insights, quantitative analysis, and collaborating with other cross-functional partners. You will assist in building strategy and developing roadmaps. This includes, but is not limited to product experience, collaboration with operations, and engineering roadmap. You have a growth mindset and want to be challenged. You are eager to learn and want to be a difference-maker in the organization. You’ll bring a sense of urgency that matches the incredible opportunity we have ahead of us.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead the ideation, design, technical development, and launch of innovative mobile features
- Define priorities and manage the product roadmap to keep our members safe and minimize Chime’s risk exposure and fraud loss
- Become a Risk domain expert at Chime (e.g. fellow Chimers come to you to understand Risk and Dispute-related member behavior )
- Strategize, develop, and build upon solutions with data science and engineering to combat ever-changing fraud attack patterns
- Collaborate with other product and operations teams to scale with Chime’s fast growing member base
To thrive in this role, you have
- 1+ year Product Management experience
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- A passion for our mission: helping members lead healthy financial lives
- Analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- Strong collaboration in team environments but also able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- Experience at a fast-growing startup in a cross-functional environment
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.