Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. We started by reinventing corporate cards for the tech industry and over the last year have expanded into new industries, like ecommerce and life sciences, and new financial services, like lending and cash management. We’ve just started our journey and are looking for a product leader that can help us realize our vision. As the Product Manager for the Trust team, you will be responsible for our security and fraud prevention strategy, creating product features, models and tools that protect our customers and business. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and other Product Managers across the organization to prevent fraud. Based in San Francisco and New York, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.Responsibilities:
- Own the security and fraud strategy and roadmap across Brex’s products and services, working closely with stakeholders across the organization.
- Build a deep understanding of the risks facing Brex’s customers and business from fraudulent activities and bad actors.
- Define new products and features by working closely with engineering, design, data and operations to launch them.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including Engineering, Operations and Data and partner with other Product Managers.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and standards on product security and fraud prevention.
- Balance the need to protect our customers and business with impact on overall customer experience.
- Set clear goals and metrics for the team as well as new products and features and be held accountable to achieving them.
- Strong experience with payments risk systems and methods for preventing fraud.
- Are passionate about engineering, operational and data nuances, and how to leverage them to build scalable systems.
- A curious nature in understanding how our customers and bad actors behave and why they behave the way they do using all the tools available to you (e.g. Looker, LogRocket, SQL).
- Can work across the entire business stack and make an impact at different stages of the product: building vision & strategy, ensuring all the loose ends are tied up when executing, and making sure the operational component of fraud controls and data aspects of fraud systems are put in place, not just the product.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for detailed articulations of problems we face as a business and how to solve them.
- Obsess about continuous product improvement based on customer feedback and data.
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Product managers are expected to understand and have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of outstanding people that are eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical, product and business matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
We'd love to meet you! Please share with us details of what you've worked on and what matters to you (personally and from a technical standpoint). Don't worry too much about your resumé. Be genuine, not official.