Product Operations Manager at Amplitude
About The Role & Team
At Amplitude, our mission is to help companies build better products through the world’s leading product intelligence platform. We believe that to build an innovative product requires innovating on how you build product, and over the years have implemented many novel customer-first development processes. But we’ve realized we’re now at the scale where we need someone to help us run these processes consistently while continuing to find ways to level up and constantly improve. As such, we’re looking to bring on a Product Operations manager to partner closely with multiple stakeholders ranging from Product Management, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success and Sales. This role will report to the Head of Product.
As a Product Operations Manager, you will operate as right-hand person to the Head of Product, ensuring smooth coordination and communication within Product Development and with the broader organization.
You will impact Amplitude by:
- Aligning with Product and Engineering leaders to properly meet the operational needs of their product areas and businesses, delivering more value to customers faster and more consistently
- Operationalizing rollouts in partnership with Product, Product Marketing, and Support teams to take products from alpha, through limited availability, to GA
- Equipping Go-To-Market teams to support and launch new products through technical enablement (training, documentation, FAQs, etc) and hiring/managing a technical writer
- Actively maintaining a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving
- Creating structured product feedback loops, synthesize insights from multiple sources and ensure the voice of the customer shared throughout the organization
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data-driven decisions
- Experience in companies that employ modern product management & software development techniques, especially modern customer validation
- Created and refined processes to get to the right outcomes faster (and enable quick course correction)
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- You’re excited to wrangle revenue inputs from finance, win/loss/churn stats from sales, feedback from customer support and behavioral data from product analytics to tell an inspiring story about customers
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.