Senior Director, Product Management - Developer Experience at Unity
At Unity Technologies, we believe that the world is a better place with more creators! The Unity Engine is a best-in-class platform for a variety of different interactive media experiences, ranging from console and phone games, to Hollywood film CGI, to ground breaking AR/VR interactive experiences and industrial simulation. As content becomes more interactive, dynamic, and real-time 3D there is a growing need for a technology stack accessible for all that can build seamless operations for content developers to service their players.
Unity is looking for a Senior Director, Product Management to lead our Developer Experience organization. This organization manages both Made with Unity and engine-agnostic developer and operator workflows for Unity’s gaming services, customer-facing operational dashboards, and backend financial instruments. Ultimately, the team strives to provide game studios with a flawless end-to-end experience from development to operations.
You will manage a team of top-tier product leaders; growing them and driving the organization to deliver against developer happiness and services adoption KPIs. You will drive the product vision for the organization, organize and support the teams in their execution, and transparently communicate across a range of internal and external stakeholders. Last, but not least, you will be a champion for game developers of all sizes globally.What you’ll be doing
- Lead and develop a team of product leaders and product managers
- Own and drive the vision for Developer Experience; organizing the product teams and engineering resourcing in a way that best delivers products to market
- Establishing processes across design, research, and development to best enable product development teams to execute against product vision
- Provide thought leadership to provide outstanding developer experience for various services that encompasses first time engagement experience as well day to day use of the service products offered by Unity
- Strategically partner and build products for game developers to build and operate their games on non-Unity development platforms
- Bootstrap and scale processes and products that enable growth marketing and developer landing experiences for Unity’s service business
- Coordinate go-to-market activities that cross multiple product areas; championing game services and their value to developer communities
- Deep understanding of game development lifecycles, how developers interact with services to build and operate games, and/or Unity, Unreal, and/or Steam specific game development
- Strong product leadership skills related to growing product teams, executing on sophisticated dependencies across organizations, and strategically partnering with external companies
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise and empower teams into action
- Agile and adaptable, capable in issuing strategic product directions in context of a morphing landscape
- Comfortable in C-suite presentations and big group partner management
- Excellent cross-functional communication skill and work ethics to collaborate with engineering, product marketing, sales, and other Unity teams to drive successful releases
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.