Senior Manager of Product Partnerships, Tax and Savings
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma’s Tax and Savings team currently includes our free tax filing product as well as our recently launched Credit Karma Savings.
We’re looking for a seasoned entrepreneurial deal maker, with a strong affinity for (and understanding of) product work, analytics and strategy. This role will focus on accelerating our Tax and Savings product capabilities and revenue growth through strategic product partnerships (internal and external to CK). In this role you will identify new product, data and revenue opportunities and work closely with new and existing partners, our executives, and large cross functional teams to drive initiatives focused on building value for us and our 100MM members!
Product Partnerships is a relatively newer area for Credit Karma. Traditionally, we’ve primarily partnered with banks and other financial institutions. As we explore new areas of product development-- technology and value-based Partnerships have taken a front-and-center position in our rapidly expanding offering. From delivering premium product benefits like Audit Defense through a third party accounting operation, to partnering with banks and bank technology providers to offer Credit Karma Savings, the Product Partnerships team has become critical to Credit Karma’s success.
The success of the role will be based on the quality of both your internal strategic work at Credit Karma, but also the development and management of several key partnerships. Success will not be defined by volume of deals signed, but rather the impact of your work for Credit Karma overall.
You'll report to the Senior Director of Product Partnerships for Credit Karma Tax and Savings, but will work closely with the broader cross-functional Credit Karma organization (Product, Legal, Marketing, Security, etc.).
This role is based in San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Evolve revenue strategy, evaluate potential business opportunities, structure the team’s thinking, and insightfully execute on new initiatives
- Develop, establish and maintain impactful relationships with key partner stakeholders
- Scope, build, foster and scale select strategic partnerships
- Own the whole deal process from pitch to term sheet to close
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Risk and Legal to deliver results
- Be the ‘go-to’ person for partners’ day-to-day needs, ultimately defining the long-term vision for the partnership and continuously tracking its success
- Develop scalable processes to manage complex and nuanced partnerships and integrations
- Be accountable for success metrics and partner growth.
What's Great About It:
- You’ll work closely with the Product teams to develop a deep understanding of our product strategy, the value we offer our members, and our long term roadmap
- As a strategic thought-leader, you’ll source, build and manage new partner relationships, from initial market assessment, to new partner sourcing and engagement, to contract, to launch and ongoing partner management
- From emerging fintechs to major banks and technology providers, this role will require you to act as an advocate for the Product team-- as well as both a ‘hunter’ and ‘farmer’
What We Expect:
- BA/BS degree (MBA preferred)
- 8+ years of product, partnership and /or strategic BD experience
- An understanding of the U.S. Tax system, financial services, consumer banking, and/or payments is a plus
- Ability to creatively structure and brainstorm product solutions with both external partners and internal stakeholders, including designing innovative, integrated experiences with strategic partners
- Proven track record of structuring, negotiating, enabling complex multi-million dollar agreements and building strategic long-lasting, trusted partner relationships
- Ability to manage multiple clients/partners across serving as the primary point of contact for multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Possess a natural ability for analyzing information, including numerical data. Moreover, you should be able to effectively use data to make decisions and effectively communicate this data to others
- Self-directed, able to work independently and manage cross-functional initiatives in an rapidly evolving environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description