Senior Product Analyst at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
On Upwork Analytics, our vision is to harness data that drives action and value, to inform and empower our partners with insights about the business. We are looking for a Sr. Analyst, Product Analytics to own the analytics for key parts of our platform and contribute to making that vision a reality. You will work with strategic stakeholders to wrangle data, prioritize resources and build scaled structures & processes. You’ll be a partner in the realization of the product roadmap for your area all while delivering analytics value to the company along the way. Your success in using data to enhance our product will impact the lives of thousands of users who come to Upwork to find economic opportunity. This is a true career opportunity for a hands-on entrepreneurial problem solver with a passion for scaling data to drive growth.Your Responsibilities:
- You will be a primary analytics partner for one of Upwork’s strategic product imperatives, establishing scalable processes for product and site analytics while providing analytical support to meet immediate needs for understanding user behaviors.
- Use your data and analysis skills to support stakeholder needs with: reporting, KPI definition, performance measurement, and insights. Achieve scale by establishing best practices, automating processes and identifying structural needs.
- Drive analytics projects and experiments from end to end. Translate a business question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis and effectively communicate recommended actions.
- Help execute the analytics team strategy to improve data, build compelling dashboards, and form the tools & processes necessary for a robust, democratized, data-driven organization.
- Use your understanding of Upwork’s business to identify trends and find opportunities to unlock new sources of growth.
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments to establish causal relationships between our product features and business results.
- Bring 3 to 6 years of professional analytics-related experience and a team-player attitude.
- You solve problems in your sleep. Applying critical thinking and a willingness to dive into the data, you produce immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability.
- Deploy advanced skills in SQL and a keen understanding of A/B testing execution and best practices
- You take ownership seriously and hold yourself accountable to always deliver in a reliable manner. You thrive in a fast pace and managing multiple work streams.
- You have a solid understanding of two-sided marketplaces and a deep motivation to help them grow and thrive.
- You are a curious self-starter, driven to solve problems and find answers. You take charge and flourish when meeting a challenge.
- As an inspiring analyst, you combine business acumen with the application of analytics
- You are familiar with multiple analytics & visualization tools, particularly Looker, Databricks, Big Query, and may have familiarity with statistical analysis tools (i.e. Python, R, Stata)
- You enjoy working in a highly dynamic environment where have a strong voice and your decisions have a significant impact
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll shape the future of professional careers. From our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. You’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on: race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.