Senior Product Manager, Academic & Nonprofit at Unity (San Francisco, CA)
The Product Manager for the Academic and Nonprofits (Education) Team will lead the education products strategy and development to meet the growth, onboarding and retention needs of students and educators. Unity products have deep penetration in Education globally used in areas such as Computer Science, Gaming and various industry verticals (such as Film, Media, Architecture, Engineering and Construction). The PM will work with cross-functional core Unity Product teams, teams of engineers, designers, and data scientists to offer paid and free products to the Academic and Non-profit users.
The successful PM deeply understands how education products are built and deployed to support users in creating, learning key Unity skills and preparing for jobs. We are an agile and lean team focused on serving a diverse ecosystem of users and learners.
What you’ll be doing
- Define vision for Unity products for the Academics & non-profit community (Students and Educators)
- Identify and build business cases for product offering by partnering with key leads around the business, globally
- Cross-partner with Unity product teams and build commerce solutions, either in-house or externally, to drive sales and distribution of student and educator products
- Manage various development team velocity, systems integration, and new feature pipeline
- Manage product launches, business reviews, financial analysis & forecasting by working with Engineering, Marketing, Legal and Finance.
What we’re looking for
- Product management or related industry experience
- Technical knowledge; ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineers
- Proven ability creating products through wireframes and mock-ups
- Exceptional communication, proven ability to influence others, fostering and maintaining key relationships over time.
- Sound business judgment with ability to build business cases
You might also have
- A great teammate that works well in collaborative situations
- Self directed problem finder and problem solver
- Previous work experience in Education
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.