Senior Product Manager, Activation at Medium
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:01 a.m. (PST) on Friday, December 6, 2019
Medium enables readers to become more informed and to escape the filter bubbles that are all around us. Here at Medium, we are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
In a reader’s journey with Medium, their first experience with the product is critical in shaping their relationship with us. We are looking for a growth-minded, empathetic Activation Product Manager to help new users unlock what Medium can do for them. In this role, you will work across platforms to craft the new user journey. You’ll drive growth not through hacks but through increased clarity and trust with users as they encounter Medium for the first time. You will be responsible not only for a critical growth engine for our business, but also for the way in which our brand and value proposition are expressed through the product experience.
What will you do?
- Develop and own the product vision and roadmap for activation of new users at Medium, across Web, iOS, and Android
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to launch new features that delight new users and enable them to be better informed and more independent thinkers.
- Work with our data science and user research teams to develop insights into the behaviors and needs of Medium’s new users, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features for how we can improve the product
- Understand the competitive environment and identify other products that are building great web and mobile experiences for new users
- Collaborate with our product marketing team to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
Who are you?
- You have at least 4 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and mobile applications.
- You have at least 2 years experience building products related to user experience and understand different levers that can be used to drive user growth.
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers.
- You have run ambitious A/B experiments and translated what you’ve learned into new product hypotheses or features.
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results.
- You welcome the challenge of developing human-centered experiences and you thrive in ambiguity. You have strong product instincts, but keep those in check with an eye towards data.
This position is based in our San Francisco office.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Read Full Job Description