Senior Product Manager, Ads Quality (Remote)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn’t fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless and rewarding for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We're building a team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You'll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
About Instacart Ads
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey — from initial keyword search and aisle browsing through checkout. Our vision is to democratize the grocery store by offering brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers.
About the Ad Quality Team
The mission of the Ad Quality team is to develop an efficient ad marketplace which balances advertiser value, customer value, and Instacart value. This team works on new models, marketplace products, auction dynamics, targeting mechanisms, etc. for sponsored product ads and display and video ads. The team runs experiments on every new feature and works closely with other product teams to help advertisers drive their sales on Instacart and improve the experience of Instacart customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will lead a cross-functional team of engineering, data science, research, operations, and more. You will be working with an amazing team of software and machine learning engineers and you will closely collaborate with the product and engineering partners within the Ads org and other Instacart teams, as well as PMM, ads sales, and business operations teams.
- You will be solving exciting and challenging problems, finding the right balance between user, advertiser, and Instacart value in a continuously evolving environment.
- You will be part of the tightly knit PM team responsible for the brain (various response prediction, relevance, personalization, ad optimization, incrementality, etc. models) and the engine (ranking, auction dynamics, targeting, bidding, supply and demand optimization, whole-page optimization, pricing, etc.) of the entire ads marketplace, including various formats of sponsored product and display ads on various surfaces: search, BIA, storefront, browse, etc.
- You will drive product definition, strategy, and long-term vision for initiatives across audiences of our marketplace, enabling brands to reach consumers through innovative experiences.
- You will identify the biggest problems to solve and drive new feature development from start to finish.
- You will build, measure, and iterate rapidly running data-driven experiments to inform product direction.
- You will communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, throughout company, to users, to press etc.
- 6+ years in Product Management at a technology company, ideally working on ad problems.
- 3+ years working on search, product ads or display ads.
- Experience with marketplace dynamic, response models and value tradeoffs.
- Understanding of response models, relevance, incrementality.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles.
- Strong data-driven problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Passion for building products that unlock value for advertisers and customers.
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience working at a startup is a plus.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.