Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Who are we
At PagerDuty, we believe that people thrive in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values serve as the foundation of a unique, fun, hard-working, collaborative and energetic culture. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of elevating work. We have offices around the world, with major hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, Toronto, London, and Sydney. Our business and product footprint are growing fast. Are you in?
We champion our customers
More than 13,000 companies and organizations around the world rely on PagerDuty to keep their digital systems online and deliver 24/7 products to their customers. PagerDuty has delivered the most trusted digital operations management platform for the largest Fortune 100 brands and scrappy teams just starting out. Check out stories of how PagerDuty empowers a luxury cruise line and a non profit delivering cornea replacements.
How You Impact our Vision
Are you passionate about changing the way people do their work in today’s technology-driven economy, helping them understand how software and people drive their business, and find opportunities to innovate instead of reacting and fire fighting? Do you want to build software with a focus on thoughtful user experience design, transform how PagerDuty is perceived in the market, and define an ambiguous problem space?
As a Senior Product Manager on the Digital Foundations team, you’ll be busy! In any given day, you may do any of the following:
- Research, define, and evangelize a roadmap that shapes the strategic vision of the company, taking into account customer needs, business strategy, and technical feasibility.
- Partner with a dedicated group of engineers, data scientists, and designers to design, deliver, and iterate on new products and features that explores how people interact with technology that drives their business
- Research and advocate a new strategy for the company, influencing roadmaps across product teams and the go-to-market organization.
- Build partnerships across our ecosystem to drive revenue and broaden our customer base
- Collaborate with sales, support, customer success, marketing, and other departments to get value into customers' hands and ensure success for both them and the company.
- Play a board game with friends around the company, cheer on both of the company bands, speak at a conference, mentor a peer product manager, volunteer with some colleagues at a local non profit, or present a proposed business case and strategy to the CEO.
- You are dedicated to working closely with a highly collaborative engineering team while building relationships across the business.
- You have firsthand experience developing software, with successful delivery of multiple features over your professional career (and the lessons learned from the not-so-successful deliveries as well)
- You can effectively communicate across diverse backgrounds and contexts, and lead through influence using metrics and research.
- You have a real passion for getting things done. If you haven’t done something before, you are naturally curious, driven to learn, and unafraid to ask for help.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role, or related role. You have shepherded several major products or features to launch; preferably using iterative, agile methodologies.
- Experience building positive relationships with engineering and cross-functional development teams
- Startup and/or new product development experience
- Background in SaaS B2B Product Management
- Comfort with SQL or data analysis tools
- Experience working with data scientists and shipping machine learning features at scale
- Experience with API’s, developer community, and partner ecosystems
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description