ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Product Manager for Anti-Fraud and Application Security, you will develop and oversee the product strategy and execution of a wide variety of anti-fraud and application security measures within the company. You will be the domain expert in this area and play a key role in how Udemy protects its students, instructors, and partners, as well as preventing financial loss for the company and ensuring that our applications are secure. Your mission will be to understand, quantify, and prioritize fraud vectors and security vulnerabilities, and execute on the most impactful product initiatives to prevent fraud from occurring - this will include building products and integrating with third-party vendors. You should thrive in an environment where you have the ability to tackle large, ambiguous problems and you should be very comfortable with pulling and understanding data and using it to make informed decisions. Success requires a passion for building great products and enthusiasm for leading high performing teams, working in partnership with engineering, data science, design, and internal stakeholders, especially our Trust & Safety and Security Operations teams. You will work in an agile & lean product delivery environment while leading the creation and enhancement of capabilities through the entire product lifecycle – from strategic planning through tactical execution, experimentation, and post-launch measurements. We are seeking a combination of strong vision, strategic leverage, team leadership, excellent written communication, and high-velocity execution.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Lead the strategy, prioritization, and execution for new and existing anti-fraud and application security product and service initiatives across both sides of our marketplace business (student and instructor), and our B2B businesses (Udemy for Business and Udemy for Government).
- Become the internal subject matter expert on anti-fraud and the ways in which fraud is, and could be, perpetrated. Develop and lead anti-fraud process initiatives, allowing teams across the organization to work with you while developing new products to prevent fraud before it occurs.
- Work closely with Trust & Safety and Data Science partners to evaluate and quantify areas of fraud in order to understand key problem areas and prioritize solutions.
- Work with your engineering team and the Security Operations team to understand and implement the most impactful and automated solutions to address security vulnerabilities and compliance requirements.
- Work with User Research and Design as needed for developing customer-facing anti-fraud and application security products.
- Lead a dedicated engineering team, while also collaborating with multiple partner engineering teams (e.g. payments, native mobile, Udemy for Business) in San Francisco, Dublin, and Turkey.
- Evaluate, integrate, and optimize new and existing third party vendors for automation of anti-fraud and application security capabilities
- Create a strategy and roadmap that consolidates use cases from students, instructors, enterprises, and internal users.
- Write comprehensive one-pagers that demonstrate a clear understanding of the problem to be solved and solution ideas. Create thorough PRDs to be used through the design, product development, and QA processes.
- Work with your engineering manager and engineering team to help lead sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and manage sprint priorities and timelines.
- Define, monitor and measure product metrics and KPIs, incorporate learnings into product definition and development process.
- Communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders across the organization.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 4 or more years of product management experience
- Data and results-driven with great analytical and presentation skills.
- Understanding of fraud and security trends, keeping abreast of the latest industry information, as well as familiarity with anti-fraud solutions and third-party vendors to automate fraud prevention.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize ambiguous data, customer feedback, internal feedback and present a cohesive narrative of areas of opportunity
- Solid grasp of SQL for pulling and analyzing data and discovering trends.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and efficient with the ability to rise to the occasion under tight timelines and pressure.
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- You understand how technology can solve customer problems and can engage in the details with the engineering team to find simpler solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with colleagues at all levels; demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools.
- Passion about the education space and the problems we are solving.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in fraud prevention
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field is ideal
- Experience with delivering products for two-sided marketplaces/platforms
- MBA is a plus but not required
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description