Senior Product Manager, Compass at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work - whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As part of the Compass team, you will work with cross-functional teams to help drive the success of the product. You will help shape the future of how millions of software engineers collaborate and work with distributed software systems and teams. You are someone who loves talking to customers, discovering important insights in how we can make their lives better, and can align the team to build net new capabilities in a 0-1 format.
You know how to create positive feedback loops to guide decisions making and deliver great outcomes. You will inspire and energize our team by creating the future visions of the product, articulating customer problems and market opportunities, analysing industry trends, making priority decisions and clarifying trade-offs, and working with your colleagues across roles to break that down into an adaptable plan that delivers value to our customers.
What you'll do:
- Report to the Head of Product for Compass
- Research and identify key customer problems through different channels and highlight trends
- Scope and define product improvements that tie to our business goals & customer outcomes
- Ship ideas from start to finish and assess impact to feed back into roadmap decisions
- Work with teams across Atlassian to leverage key platform capabilities where possible or help improve them
- Help improve and scale how we work across the software development lifecycle to build better feedback loops
- 5+ years Product Management experience
- Experience working on a platform engineering team or building internal tooling for developers
- Experience with software engineering, DevOps or IT operations market
- Experience building products in the field of Agile, Software Development, DevOps, SRE, or where the primary customers are developers
- A customer-centric approach, ability to work directly with design and engineering to ship delightful products
- Adapt and iterate product experiences by rolling out to customers
- Experience building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization
- Understand the art of painting a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior stakeholders
If you have these skills, even better:
- BE/BS/BA with an emphasis in technology
- Experience with ecosystem development, developer communities, or open-source projects.
- Experience with data engineering, APIs, integrations, and event-driven systems.
- Experience working on enterprise-focused areas (B2B)
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more.
Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience. In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones.
For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $162,000 - $216,000
Zone B: $145,800 - $194,400
Zone C: $134,500 - $179,300
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity. Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter. #LI-Remote
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh .