Zipline is looking for a key member of our multidisciplinary design team, working on a ground-up redesign of our "Shipper Integration" - how an order turns into a delivery package and actually gets to the drone. Your job will be to bring shippers into our iterative design process to ensure that you and the rest of the design team are developing a deep, first hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of our users. You will bring both experience and acquired knowledge to ensure the team has a very strong, detailed understanding of the real needs and wants of the clients / shippers. You'll set up onsite research visits at shipper sites to flush out learnings that will drive design iteration, model integrations at different scales, define key development milestones, solve tough design challenges and ensure the product stays anchored on meeting client / shipper needs. And you'll augment qualitative insights with quantitative research and desk research to ensure the team has a balanced and global perspective. The ultimate goal of you and the shipper integration design team is to design an intuitive, simple, quick to deploy, scalable and universal experience that will help Zipline reach new heights!What You'll Do
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on our clients / shippers globally-- their wants, needs and constraints.
- Methodically document, distill and share all research findings. You’re ultimately responsible for ensuring each member of the design team has a deep understanding of the user's needs and serves as an independent champion for the shipper perspective.
- Find prospective clients and build long term relationships with them.
- Research and travel to clients / shippers globally (both independently and facilitating for the design team)
- Conduct quantitative and market research to always ensure the team continues to have a deep and broad understanding of the shipper / client needs
- Identify and advocate for the most important needs of clients / shippers -- that sometimes means debating and negotiating as a team to determine key program milestones & requirements
- Work directly with the rest of the design team to solve tough design problems, iterating, resetting and pushing until we have a design that will enable customer success.
- Proactively collaborate with and align expectations with key internal teams, such as Go-To-Market, Customer Experience etc.
- Constantly align and shape how the product vision connects to the broader value proposition and marketplace
- You are a listener & a learner - The way you build great products and experiences is by deeply understanding the problem space.
- You are analytically minded - You understand that data must come in many forms: interviews, quantitative analysis, surveys, studies, global economic studies, living the life of the operators, etc. And you can design the studies to extract meaningful insight.
- You distill, organize and prioritize seemingly vague or competing priorities into clear plans and working strategies, while bringing others along for the ride. Ambiguity does not scare you. You're great with trade-offs.
- You are a self-starter with great judgement - you can do a lot with a little direction. You know what questions need to be asked, where/when to go deep vs. staying high level.
- You've got hustle - You do whatever it takes to get this information - flying globally, volunteering to work in the warehouse or shadow workers. Embedding yourself at the customer's sites for days or weeks even at a time.
- You can story tell & communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing, and are comfortable using a variety of mediums to talk to both internal & external stakeholders.
- You build relationships as a way to unlock new opportunities. Starting from cold-calls to multi-year partnerships.
- You believe deeply in our mission that access matters and that we can and will provide access to essential medical supplies for every person on the planet
Must be willing to travel internationally with regularity for the role.