At Segment, we believe in giving our customers control over all of the most important data for their business - customer data. It all comes down to one core belief: companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. This has been a core philosophy to how we’ve built our products from day one, and we’re excited to take this to the next level to fully realize this promise.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager with technical depth who can navigate complex customer use cases, and understand the core components we need to build in order to unlock them. This is an opportunity to build incredibly highly leveraged products and platforms with a team of experienced software engineers who are deep in the problem space at your side and the strong support of Product, Engineering and Executive leadership at your back.
Who we are looking for:
- You can translate between the technical details, customer problems, and business impact of the team’s work.
- You are organized and comfortable working with exec-level stakeholders and drive deep customer relationships.
- You can build highly leveraged products that can be used as the cornerstone for customers and internal teams alike
- You’re not shy about diving in deep with engineering, security, or the customer.
- You can run a tight ship, organizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Unique opportunity to build a company defining product from the infrastructure layer up.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems.
- The opportunity to grow into managing multiple products across cross cutting teams over time.
- Significant autonomy to ship an incredibly high impact series of company defining products
- A deep partnership with a senior engineering team to ship quality products
- 4+ years of product management or technical project management experience driving a product from inception to market & support.
- 2+ years of experience working as a software, cloud infrastructure engineer or equivalent
- Love of and experience in cross-functional projects and empowering marketing, sales, and partnerships teams to drive incredible business outcomes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong capability in championing your ideas to fruition.
- You’ve built technically complex products, that delivered incredible customer value from the infrastructure layer up, with enterprise customers among your customer base.
- You are a Segment user and champion. You are familiar with our product and have seen it drive transformation change at companies.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.
Read Full Job Description