Senior Product Manager, Fertility at Alto Pharmacy
Senior Product Manager, Fertility
Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purpose—to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
Getting and taking fertility medicine involves a dizzying number of moving parts. A single cycle of medications costs thousands of dollars, contains multiple injectable hormones, and requires injecting at a very specific time every day. If something goes wrong, it could mean starting over - thousands of dollars down the drain, a lot of time and energy wasted, and wishes for a family seeming even further away. The fertility patient journey is an extremely stressful and even scary experience. In addition to the fear of mistakes, the patient is juggling a full schedule of injection times, monitoring appointments at their clinic, work, and possibly a family. It’s a lot to coordinate and it can be overwhelming to manage. Our fertility team brings compassion and technology to make every aspect of this experience as safe, seamless, and delightful as humanly possible.
We recently raised our Series D, surpassed 400 employees across six locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere.
As our first product manager on the Fertility team, you’ll be responsible for leading a cross-functional team's alignment on the vision and execution across a set of product features that help patients navigate the complex and confusing fertility pharmacy experience. These solutions span the Alto suite of products - our patient app, our provider-facing dashboard, and our internal tools - to offer fertility patients an experience that is optimized for their needs, rather than the one-size-fits-all pharmacy experience patients are used to.
- Deeply understand users’ pain points (e.g. fertility patients, fertility providers, fertility care specialists) and Alto’s business goals, in order to prioritize product investments to drive the highest impact. This includes conducting user research, competitive analysis, and soliciting product feedback.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, and gather requirements for fertility features across the Alto suite of products. This includes developing product proposals and specifications for engineering, design, operations, business development, and clinical teams.
- Act as the primary product partner to the Fertility GM. Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of leadership, engineering, design, business development, and clinical experts to build world-class products. This includes working with both internal and external partners to ensure alignment of goals, transparent communication, and identifying critical dependencies and risks.
- Lead teams from concept to execution to launch. This includes defining the project scope/hypothesis, goal and metrics, timeline, and leading the impact analysis to inform future product improvements and investments.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are deeply passionate about solving real user problems with creative and delightful solutions
- Love breaking down complex problems into simple solutions, thinking strategically, and making data-driven decisions
- Enjoy collaborating and influencing across different cross-functional teams, even when you don’t own the full product surface area
- Drive results through impeccable organization and ruthless prioritization
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate
- Believe in Alto’s mission and embody our company values
Required prior experience
- 3-5+ years experience as a product manager or senior product manager
- Proven track record of successful product launches, distilling complex requirements into simple workflows
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
Nice to have prior experience
- Technical background, MBA or equivalent work experience
- Startup and entrepreneurial experience
- Experience building products in the area of fertility, healthcare or e-commerce
Want more insight into what motivates us to save patient lives? Learn about our key values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/alto
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.