Senior Product Manager - Learning Engagement
About this role
As a Senior Product Manager on the Learning Engagement Team, your work will focus on helping students achieve their learning goals by making learning easier and stickier through better tools and content, creating product experiences that motivate students and support lasting learning habits, and helping students stay up to date in their topics of interest by facilitating connection and communication.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- The Learning Engagement Team plays a central role in delivering value to Udemy students that have chosen to invest their time and money to pursue their educational goals. You’ll lead the strategy, prioritization, execution, and cross functional collaboration in developing existing and new products that ensure users achieve their learning outcomes
- Facilitating learning in our product means supporting learning experiences in 14 languages, meeting student accessibility needs, and increasing access to education for students all around the world
- Supporting the learning needs of Udemy’s students means designing world-class experiences across desktop, iOS, and Android devices for Udemy’s D2C and B2B products
- You’ll have access to a repository of past research, as well as UX Research and Data Science partners to work with to inform future qualitative and quantitative investigations
What we look for:
- 5+ Years of Product Management experience
- Passion about the education space and the problems we are solving
- You have great attention to detail but base your strategy on the big picture objectives
- You understand how technology can solve customer problems and can engage in the details with the engineering team to find simpler solutions
- You’re a leader with a highly-collaborative and low-ego approach.
- You’re an ambassador for our users and our business that brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems
- You’re comfortable kicking-off abstract projects before goals and vision are fully defined and are able to define measurable milestones
- You’re comfortable simultaneously moving multiple projects in a fast-paced agile environment
- You regularly and clearly articulate your process, key decisions, and the information and insights that informed your decisions
- You know how to extract insight from successful and unsuccessful experiments, learn from your mistakes, and identify what you could do differently in the future
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description