Senior Product Manager, Mobile
As a Senior Product Manager on the mobile team you will oversee the product strategy for teaching and learning on our iOS and Android Udemy, Udemy for Business, and Udemy for Government apps. Your mission will be to enable Udemy to reach, convert, & retain existing and potential students around the world and to create new experiences that help students achieve their learning goals on native mobile.
Opportunities and challenges
- Lead the strategy, prioritization, and execution of initiatives for our native apps
- Build an in-depth understanding and empathy for our students and instructors
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration to deliver successful products and features
- Communicate ideas, decisions, and results effectively to bring people along at all levels of the company and across different functions
What we look for:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- 2+ years having built and shipped products that customers love on Android and/or iOS
- Passion about the education space and the problems we are solving
- You have great attention to detail but base your strategy on the big picture objectives
- You understand how technology can solve customer problems and can engage in the details with the engineering team to find simpler solutions
- You know how to extract insight from successful and unsuccessful experiments, learn from your mistakes, and identify what you could do differently in the future
- You’re a leader with a highly-collaborative and low-ego approach
- You’re an ambassador for our users and our business that brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems
- You’re comfortable kicking-off abstract projects before goals and vision are fully defined and are able to define measurable milestones
- You’re comfortable simultaneously moving multiple projects in a fast-paced agile environment
- You regularly and clearly articulate your process, key decisions, and the information and insights that informed your decisions
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description