Senior Product Manager - Search at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 5:08 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 15, 2020
We're a small team with a big mission - to improve lives through learning. We're looking for folks who are incredibly hungry, passionate, smart, fun, scrappy, (we could go on :-)) to help us achieve that mission. With our vast catalog of courses created by instructors teaching in different languages, styles, and topics, your job is to help students navigate our catalog and find the perfect course via our on-site search engine (the primary way students on Udemy explore our catalog today).
The person in this role will be working closely with a team of machine learning engineers and backend engineers, but will also interact and collaborate with other product managers and data analysts remotely, to optimize and innovate on our on-site search engine.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Own the backend and algorithms for Udemy’s on-site course search experience as well as other search experiences throughout the site.
- Define our search vision, strategy, key problems, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to brainstorm and design appropriate solutions.
- Work with design and front end engineering to drive an aligned strategy.
- Build team culture and processes that aid effective and speedy product development.
- Design, launch, and analyze experiments.
We're excited about you because you have:
- 4+ years of relevant Product Management experience at a fast-growing consumer internet company.
- 4+ years working with machine learning engineers and backend engineers.
- Exceptional ability to work cross team and effectively communicate with remote teams in Content, Marketing, PR, Design, Product, and Engineering.
- Strong disposition for data-driven product development; ability to write SQL queries (or similar) and do independent data analysis.
- Familiarity with backend infrastructure and data pipelines and workflows.
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch a plus.
- User-centered, design-thinking mindset with an ability to bridge technical and business worlds.
- Clear, pro-active, and confident communicator able to bring people along at all levels of an organization.
- Incredibly strong problem solving abilities and solution-oriented mindset; when you run into a brick wall you can quickly come up with 10 different ways to run around it.
- Drive and persistence.
- Highly structured thinker.
- Strong intuition on customer problems and needs.
- Deep passion for Udemy and our mission.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description